Accreditation | Overview
UC Blue Ash College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Accreditation was granted on July 25, 1969 and the most recent reaffrmation of accreditation was in 2008-09. The next reaffrmation of accreditation is slated for 2018-19. A comprehensive evaluation visit by an HLC peer review team is scheduled for February 25 and 26, 2018.
About The Higher Learning Commission
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation that is one of six regional accreditors in the United States. HLC accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region of 19 states.
HLC Guiding Values
- Focus on student learning
- Education as a public purpose
- Education for a diverse, technological, globally connected world
- A culture of continuous improvement
- Evidence-based institutional learning and self-representation
- Integrity, transparency, and ethical behavior or practice
- Governance for the well-being of the institution
- Planning and management of resources to ensure institutional sustainability
- Mission-centered evaluation
- Accreditation through peer review
- Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
- Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support
- Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
- Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
Criteria for Accreditation
The institution’s mission is clear and articulated publicly; it guides the institution’s operation.
Integrity: Ethical and Responsible Conduct
The institution acts with integrity; its conduct is ethical and responsible.
Teaching and Learning: Quality, Resources, and Support
The institution provides high quality education, wherever and however its offerings are delivered.
Teaching and Learning: Evaluation and Improvement
The institution demonstrates responsibility for the quality of its educational programs, learning environments, and support services, and it evaluates their effectiveness for student learning through processes designed to promote continuous improvement.
Resources, Planning, and Institutional Effectiveness
The institution’s resources, structures, and processes are sufficient to fulfill its mission, improve the quality of its educational offerings, and respond to future challenges and opportunities. The institution plans for the future.
UC Blue Ash Accreditation
Open Pathway, 10 year cycle
- Year 4 Assurance Review
- Years 5-9 Quality Initiative
- Year 10 Comprehensive Evaluation
- Assurance Review
- Federal Compliance Review
- Student Opinion Survey
- On-site team of HLC peer reviewers
About Our Visit
- February 25 and 26, 2019
- Meetings with committees, chairs, open forums for faculty and staff
- 8:00am – 5:00pm on Mon. and 8:00am – 2:00pm on Tues. (have availability for meetings)
- Have examples in mind of things that make us special, ways that we have used data to improve, notable faculty, staff, department, and student accomplishments.