Bachelor of Technical & Applied Studies Program in Applied Administration
Get Your UC Bachelor's Degree at UC Blue Ash
With the Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies (BTAS) program at UC Blue Ash College, you will:
- Earn your bachelor's degree from the University of Cincinnati, a globally recognized leader in higher education.
- Learn more about communication, collaboration and strategic planning skills that will help you advance your career and reach your goals.
- Enroll as a junior and enjoy our hybrid class model that combines a flexible schedule with personal attention.
- Take advantage of low tuition rates that help you save money, while preparing you to earn more in your professional career.
Earn More with a Bachelor's Degree.
According to the Ohio Bureau of Labor Statistics, your earning potential is greatly affected by your level of education. In fact, those holding a bachelor's degree earn nearly 30% more per week than those with an associate degree.
Free Information Sessions Every Semester
- Learn how you can advance your education and career.
- Meet professors and alumni from the program.
- Have your questions about the program answered.
- Find out if the program is right for you.
Read and watch the stories of other students that are currently enrolled in or have already graduated from Technical and Applied Studies.
- Haley Fritz, a graduate of the Bachelor’s of Technical and Applied Studies program at UC Blue Ash College, later earned her Master's in Business Administration (MBA) from UC Uptown in 2017. Read Haley's story.
- Belden Rowley transferred to UC Blue Ash College after finishing his associate degree in Cincinnati State's Civil Engineering Technology - Surveying program. He chose to pursue the Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies program to support his plans to acquire his surveyor's license in the state of Ohio. Read Belden's story.
- Richard Sirk is a new graduate from the BTAS program who recently completed his capstone project with the Cincinnati Chapter of Little Brothers Friends of the Elderly, a national network of non-profit organizations that help relieve isolation among the elderly. Read about his Capstone project.
Where It Will Take You
The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies program was designed through feedback we received from business leaders regarding the skills and training they look for in prospective managers and supervisors. It can help you take your career to the next level or make sure you are better prepared when you begin your professional career.
- Enhance your communications skills
- Build on your community awareness
- Develop strong leadership and management skills
- Improve your marketability as an employee or new graduate
- Advance your career and earn more money
Who is eligible for this program?
Admission is open to anyone who holds an applied or technical associate degree such as an AAB, AAS, or ATS from an accredited institution. Our program allows you to work toward a bachelor's degree without losing credits from your associate degree. You can complete general education requirements not included in your associate degree and work on the core requirements for our Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies.
- The Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies is a 2+2 program, meaning it is designed for students with an associate degree in an applied or technical field (AAS, AAB, or ATS.)
- For current high school students or those who still need to pursue their associate degree, there are multiple associate degree programs at UC Blue Ash College that align well for those that would like to complete their Bachelor of Technical and Applied Studies.
What classes are required?
Students will need to complete 120 total hours, half of which are from the Technical and Applied Studies curriculum. We make it convenient with evening, day, online and hybrid classes.
Business & Economics Department