CCP Course Eligibility
What Courses Can I Take Under CCP?
Under House Bill 49, there are new rules specifying the courses that students are eligible to take under College Credit Plus (CCP). The Ohio Department of Higher Education has a Course Eligibility Rule summarizing this new rule.
Students are expected to complete fifteen hours of Level I courses before moving on to any Level II course for CCP. A Level II course is any course that is not specifically designated as Level I.
In general, these are the types of courses or credits students may be able to utilize towards fulfilling this "First 15" requirement:
- Transfer Assurance Guide (TAG) courses.
- Ohio Transfer Module (OTM) courses.
- Career-Technical Assurance Guide (CTAG) courses.
- Other courses in Computer Science, Information Technology, Anatomy & Physiology, and Foreign Language.
- Courses designed to teach study skills and other skills for academic and career success.
- Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) test credits. Official AP/IB test scores must be sent to the University for consideration.
Students must still meet any University requirements or prerequisites to enroll in courses for CCP.
Students may also test directly into Level II courses where appropriate. Students must consult their academic advisor for details
CCP Level I Course Information
Visit the Course Information page to see a list of CCP courses offered at UC.
Process for Course Registration
- Work with high school counselor to set up student's high school schedule.
- Once admitted to the UC Blue Ash CCP program, meet with Cindy Jones for mandatory academic advising to identify interests and academic goals. Student will receive advising for courses that best fit the student's needs and will be instructed on how to register for courses at that time.
Please note: Students will be responsible for dropping courses that are deemed ineligible under CCP.
How to Search for Courses
- Go to the One Stop Website.
- Under the "Term" tab, select the most recent semester (e.g. "Spring Semester 2018").
- On-Campus Courses: Under the "Offering Collect Campus" tab (the lower drop-down menu of the two), select "Blue Ash College."
- Online Courses: Under the "Offering College Campus" tab (the lower drop-down menu of the two), select "Web - Online." Online courses available through UC Blue Ash will be noted in the course description.