COVID-19 Testing & Tracing
To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health of our campus community, the University is expanding our testing for spring semester 2021.
On January 5, the COVID Check App status of all UC students will turn “Yellow,” signifying limited access to campus facilities.
All students who have in-person classes or labs on our campus – including College Credit Plus (CCP) students who are 18 years of age or older – must get tested in order to obtain a Green Pass on their UC COVID Check App prior to the start of in-person classes on Monday, January 25. You should also have a Green Pass if you are coming to campus to work or use resources like the library or computer concourse.
- For details on exemptions from mandatory COVID-19 testing, please visit the Alternative to Mandatory Test Request Form.
- To find Frequently Asked Questions regarding COVID-19 testing and the COVID Check App, please visit the FAQs on the UC website.
- For the University’s latest updates and information on COVID-19, please visit our public health web page.
- All UC Blue Ash students who live in UC Housing should follow the COVID Testing requirements for UC residential students. You can get details in the Return to Campus Guide.
You can find details for downloading and using the COVID Check App on the UC website. The app is free and is required for all UC students. UC will make free, fast COVID-19 testing available to students on all three campuses. Please see details below for the planned testing dates – you can go to any of these sites for your free test.
Please note that you must get tested within 7 days before returning to campus. Results will be automatically uploaded to your COVID Check App within 48-72 hours. If there is a positive test a Red Pass is issued, and a member of UC’s health care response team personally connects with the user within 24-48 hours to provide additional information and next steps.
You can check the testing page on the UC website for updated information; please watch for more details on how to register for your test.
If you are not able to participate in one of the testing events offered through the University, you can find information on testing sites in the community at the links below. Please note that it must be a PCR test (rather than an antigen test) and it must be taken within 7 days before you return to campus. These sites may require insurance or direct payment. The test results should be uploaded to email@example.com.
Along with testing, healthy behaviors are important to preventing COVID-19 viral transmission and spread. When healthy behaviors are consistently and conscientiously practiced, the risk to the entire community is significantly reduced. These include:
- Social distancing (required on UC’s campus)
- Facial coverings (required on UC’s campus)
- Hand and surface hygiene and cleaning (required on UC’s campus)
- Staying home when ill (required of all members of the campus community)
Additional mandatory surveillance testing is being planned during the spring semester. More information and dates will be coming soon.
- If you still have questions after reviewing the available information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.