Pass Opt-in Option
Given the unusual circumstances the COVID-19 pandemic has created, our faculty at UC Blue Ash College has voted to provide a Pass Opt-In Option for the 2020 Spring and Summer semesters.
What this means for you:
- Instructors will continue to submit letter grades for courses.
- Once a grade is posted, students can decide whether to request that the grade be converted to a “P” for the individual course (Deadline for spring semester is May 13, 2020).
- Only grades of “C-” or better will have the option to be converted to a “P” grade.
- Some students may choose the “P” option in place of a letter grade to avoid impacting their grade-point-average. A “P” does not count toward your GPA, but it can count toward completing course requirements.
- A student may choose this option on a course-by-course basis and there is not a limit to the number of grades that can be converted.
- Students are strongly encouraged to work with their academic advisors to understand the implications for their individual academic program and progress. Our advisors are available to meet virtually, you can schedule an appointment through Starfish, by email at email@example.com or by calling 513-745-5753.
- We are sharing this information now so you’re aware. You do not need to make any decisions at this time.
The following programs are excluded from the Pass Opt-in Option due to requirements of individual program accreditation guidelines and/or program policy that are written to ensure your success in your professional training.
- Dental Hygiene
- Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary (EFDA)
- Medical Assisting
- Pre-Health Professions
- Pre-Mortuary Science
- Radiologic Technology
- Radiation Science Technology
- Veterinary Technology
Reminder – the withdrawal date for Spring Semester has been extended to Friday, April 24, 2020. Withdrawing does remain an option if that is the best choice for your circumstances, and that process can be completed online. Advisors are available to help you as you consider your options.
We are here to support you and to continue to provide meaningful learning experiences. We remain as committed as ever to your success. Please stay focused and finish strong this semester, and don’t hesitate to reach out to your professor or advisor with questions.