UC Blue Ash College Scholarship Application
What Information is Included in the Application?
- Available scholarships and the criteria for each
- Application Requirements
- Submission Guidelines
The application period for the 2019-20 academic year is now open! Apply by February 11, 2019 for consideration.
Tips for Successful Applications
Allow plenty of time.
Once you begin the online application, you are not able to save and return to complete the process. Make sure that you have plenty of time to complete the application in one sitting. It should take approximately 30-60 minutes to complete.
Prepare essay responses.
Many of the scholarships require short essay responses along with the application. Prepare your responses ahead of time to ensure they are thoughtful, complete and presentable. You’ll be able to copy and paste your responses from a text document directly into the application form.
- Be concise and clear.
- Answer all questions and prompts given.
- Follow the word maximums/minimums provided.
- Be honest, but tactful; balance sharing and professionalism.
- Avoid generic, meaningless statements.
- Own your accomplishments.
- Avoid comparing yourself to other students.
- Showcase your strengths!
- Use concrete examples.
- Know your audience.
- Proofread and spell check...twice!
Content Ideas for Essays:
- Reasons for applying beyond needing money
- Future educational and career goals
- Relatable work experiences
- Setbacks and obstacles
- Lessons learned
- Family obligations
- Volunteer work
- Community involvement
- Mentors and what they've taught you
- Academic achievements
Provide faculty recommendations.
All scholarships require recommendation from a UCBA faculty member. During the application process, you’ll need to provide the name of the faculty member who will be providing your recommendation. Make sure to give the faculty member a heads up prior to listing them on your application!
The application window is brief. Submit your application early to avoid any issues with submission.
Scholarships are available in two different seasons
- The fall semester scholarship application is available in January and provides scholarship awards for the academic year following the competition.
- The spring semester application is available in October and provides scholarship awards for the spring semester following the competition.
Scholarship applications and descriptions are available and posted here when the applications are live. Applicants should review this information on eligibility requirements and individual scholarship criteria. Applications must be complete and submitted by the published deadline to be considered for scholarship.