How to Register for Classes
Whether you are a current student, a new student, or simply wanting to take a few college courses registering for classes at UC Blue Ash is very easy.
Where Do I Start?
- Complete a UC Blue Ash Admissions Application online. Please call UC Blue Ash Admissions with any questions at 513-745-5700 or stop in to Muntz Hall Room 151.
- Have your official transcripts from all high schools and colleges you attended sent to UC Blue Ash Admissions. If you have a GED, you should have an official copy of your test results sent to the UC Blue Ash Admissions office:
University of Cincinnati
Office of Admissions
PO Box 210091
Cincinnati, OH 45221-0091
- Read about and take Placement Tests.
- Meet with an advisor to figure out which courses meet your program requirements. New freshmen (excludes transfer students) will meet with an advisor at freshman orientation to schedule classes.
- Decide what classes you want to take. View all class offerings.
- If you have already completed the steps above, it is time to register for classes!
- In order to have the best chance getting into the classes you want, register online through UC's Catalyst website. You will need your student username and password.
Meet with your academic advisor to determine which courses meet your program requirements. Decide which classes you want to take. If you have already completed the steps above, it is time to register for classes!
Register online in order to have the best chance getting into the classes you want.
Students will register for classes by going to the Catalyst website, click on the "My Academics" tab, and then "Search for Classes." First, add classes to your Shopping Cart and then enroll. Don't know how to use Catalyst? Watch a tutorial on adding classes to your shopping cart and completing the enrollment process.
Find Your Advisor
Before you schedule classes you need to meet with your advisor. Use this directory to find your advisor.
Students with a service block will not be able to register until there is no remaining balance on their account. Check your "To Do List" in Catalyst to see if you have checklist items preventing you from registering.
Students Not Pursuing a Degree
Registering for classes without looking for a degree is a simple process. All you need is to complete a Non-Matriculation Form from the Registrar's Office and return to One Stop.
Early registration priority dates are assigned only to those students who have registered for UC classes within the last year. Priority is determined by the number of hours a student has earned and will include any transfer credit that has been awarded. It will not include hours for which the student is currently registered.
Early Registration for Continuing Students Provides the Following Advantages:
- Students will register according to pre-assigned dates with priority given to those students with the most hours earned toward graduation. Students can determine the first day they can register by going to the Catalyst website, click on the "My Academics" tab and then click on "View Assigned Enrollment Time." Registering on the appointed registration day will give students the best opportunity of registering for the classes they need.
- Students can view their schedules immediately after registering. Students can adjust their schedules any time after registering. If students miss their initial registering dates, they can still register any time web registration is available. Web registration is available from 6 a.m. to midnight each day.
- Students can identify any registration restriction problems and resolve them well before the term begins.
Schedule Changes | Add/Drop Classes
You have a few options as far as changing and or dropping a class. There are some specific deadlines you need to be aware of.
Class Registration FAQs
Do you have questions about your student status or how to register? We've put together a list of the most commonly asked questions about class registration, so check it out.
One Stop Service Center