UC Blue Ash College

Class Registration FAQs

Registration for classes is held prior to the start of each semester. You can register via the web at the Catalyst website or in person. Priority registration is done through the web. The student who has the most hours towards graduation will have a priority registration date.

If you want to make changes to your schedule before the registration period has passed, you can drop or add a class according to the dates published online and in the UC Blue Ash class schedule. You can make changes via Catalyst. If you want to withdraw, or drop out of, an individual class or your whole schedule of classes, you should refer to the published university deadlines and make all changes in Catalyst.

You can repeat any course by submitting a Grade Replacement form to Registration. Grade replacement forms are available in Registration and online at the UC Registrar's webpage. More information is available at the Registrar's website under Policies and Procedures.

Yes. In fact, if you plan to transfer to another college, you will have to send them your academic transcript. Many employers also ask for a transcript before they hire. To request a transcript, go to the Catalyst website and click on the "My Academics" tab at the top of the page, and then click on "Request Official Transcript." An $8.50 fee is charged per transcript.

Because student records are considered confidential, transcripts will be released only with the written permission of the student, except under due process of law.

Yes. Once enrolled, you have the right to review your educational records except those excluded by law, such as records maintained by a physician or psychiatrist, and parents' financial statement. If you want to review your records, contact One Stop at 513-745-5740. If you have trouble reviewing your records as you requested, contact the University of Cincinnati Office of the Ombudsman, located on the Clifton campus 513-556-5956.

You may challenge the content or any problem with your right to review your records by appealing to the Family/Educational Right & Privacy Act Committee for a hearing. This appeal is made through the university Registrar and must be in writing.

Copies of UC's policy on records are available in the following offices: Vice President of Student Affairs and Human Resources, the Registrar's Office, the university Ombuds Office and other offices that maintain student records.

In 1974, The Family/Educational Rights & Privacy Act was designed to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish the rights of students to inspect and review their educational records and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate or misleading data through informal hearings.

Under FERPA, enrolled students may withhold disclosure of any category of Directory Information.

  • Category I: Dates of attendance, enrollment status, degrees conferred and dates, honors and awards, college, class, and major field of study.
  • Category II: Address, telephone number.
    • Requests to withhold disclosure can be made at any time by requesting and submitting the appropriate form to the UCBA Registration Office. To prevent Directory Information from appearing in the published UC Student Directory, requests for non-disclosure must be submitted to the UCBA One Stop no later than the second Friday of the autumn semester.
    • The university maintains that the failure on the part of any student to specifically request the withholding of either or both categories of Directory Information indicates approval for disclosure. If you do not wish to have this information released for any purpose, including the university's student directory, you may make your wishes known when you register. 

Students should first meet with their advisor to make sure they meet the requirements of their program and through the Catalyst website, clicking on the "My Academics" tab, and then clicking on "Apply for Graduation."

To qualify for a degree, you must fulfill the requirements of the program which you expect to graduate and must have at lease a 2.0 cumulative UCBA grade point average. It is your responsibility to take the courses necessary for graduation. After freshman requirements have been completed for UCBA, no more than nine sophomore credits should be taken in another college. Those credits and courses must have the approval of the academic advisor before they are taken. A student who changes programs or extends work to beyond a two-year period must meet the published requirements of the program in the year of expected graduation. Transfer students must take at least one-half of the required coursework in a selected program a UCBA to qualify for graduation.

Diplomas are mailed about eight weeks after you graduate.


Contact Information

One Stop Service Center
Phone: 513-745-5740
Email: onestop@ucblueash.edu