UC Blue Ash Campus Updates
Spring 2022 Return to Campus Update
Due to the recent increase in local, state, and national COVID-19 cases, and the high transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the University of Cincinnati will transition to operations online January 5, 2022 and pivot back to full in-person activities on Monday, January 24, 2022.
Campus Safety Guidelines
All individuals are required to wear a facial covering and maintain social distancing when indoors, except when eating/drinking or alone in a private room or office. (unless you have received an exemption or accommodation).
- Facial-covering use among fully-vaccinated individuals maximizes protection and helps prevent possible spread. Note that individuals are fully vaccinated 14 days after their final dose of vaccine.
- The University of Cincinnati requires students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19. The university is taking this step to promote the health and safety of our university community. Research shows vaccines are the most effective form of protection against COVID-19.
- All World Health Organization endorsed vaccines, including those in the U.S. made by Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson, will fulfill the vaccine requirement. Booster shots may also be required in the future.
- For more information, please see UC's Public Health wepbage or call 513-556-5628
- Admissions: You can reach our team by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 513-558-9998, or texting 513-901-4744. During virtual instruction, calls will be returned within two to three business days and emails will receive replies as soon as possible.
- Advising: Open Monday - Friday from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, with virtual meetings available 8:00 am - 5:00 pm by appointment only. Please contact your advisor or call the advising center for more information at 513-558-9442.
- One Stop: Call us at 513-556-1000 or email us at email@example.com. The One Stop Student Service Center is not currently open to in-person visitors.
- Student Life: Staff will be available via email and Microsoft Teams chat; you can also contact BAStdLfe@uc.edu for general questions.
- Accessibility Resources: Open Monday through Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm for virtual assistance. Evening hours by appointment. Detailed support information can be found on the Accessibility Resources webpage. Department email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bookstore: Open under limited hours starting January 3. Normal operating hours resume January 10. Visit the bookstore webpage for full details. We will be fulfilling online orders as well. Students can either find books using Catalyst or go directly to Blue Ash Bookstore Shop to order copies of their books.
- Bleecker Street Café: The café is currently closed and plans to resume normal operations on Monday, January 24. Open 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday though Friday during fall and spring semesters. Check webpage for holiday hours.
- Counseling: Our counseling services are available virtually and by phone; a listing of available hours can be found on the Counseling webpage. To make an appointment, please call UC CAPS at 513-556-0648 to schedule.
- Library: The UCBA Library facility is closed until Monday, January 24, but librarians will provide drop-in hours from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday-Friday for laptop check out and materials pick-ups/returns.
- Laptops are available for UCBA students with an initial check-out until March 11. Calculators and Course Reserve Materials are available for check-out through January 24.
- Important Reminder: A Bearcat ID or acceptable alternative ID (e.g. driver's license) is required to check out items.
- Ask general library questions or get research help through the library's online support options online.
- Social Work/Wellness Support: Appointments available by phone between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Monday – Friday. Provides help with personal or economic challenges, addresses more general life challenges, and offers initial support and a referral, if appropriate, for emotional health needs.
- Shuttle: The UC Blue Ash Shuttle will begin running on its normal schedule for the Spring 2022 Semester on Monday, January 24. Check the shuttle service webpage for specific timing and shuttle tracking.
- Technology Services: The student computer concourse will open on January 24 with reduced capacity to allow for social distancing. For technology assistance, please contact the UC Blue Ash IT office at IThelp@ucblueash.edu.
- UCBA is Listening: If you have a compliment, concern or complaint you would like to share, you can submit it through UCBA is Listening. It will be forwarded to the appropriate person or department for follow up.
Services are subject to change.
Academic Service Centers & Labs
- Accounting Lab: Virtual support available with lab tutors during designated hours. Check Accounting Lab webapge for details.
- Foreign Language Lab: Open for virtual support during lab hours. Check webpage for details.
- Science Learning Lab: Open for virtual support with tutors. Contact information for tutors found on lab webpage.
- William R. Deane Mathematics Lab: Meet with tutors during drop-in hours for online sessions via Zoom; please email email@example.com or call the lab for more information at 513-558-9433.
- Writing and Study Skills Center: Open for online support sessions and live chat. To make an appointment, please use TutorTrac and WebEx.
Department staff will be available via email and voice mail. For contact information, see our listing of UCBA Academic Departments
If you have questions related to a class or online learning, please contact your professor. For questions about your courses or completing your credit hours, please contact your academic advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 513-558-9442.
Mental Health Resources
During these stressful times, UC's mental health resources remain available to staff, students and faculty.
- 24/7 phone crisis support through CAPS: Students and members of the UC community concerned about students have access to care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To speak with a crisis counselor you may call our direct number at 513-556-0648 and press 1, to speak with a counselor 24/7.
- Therapy Assistance Online (TAO): TAO is an interactive, web-based self-help program that provides online and mobile tools to help you overcome the day to day challenges around stressors like anxiety, depression, or other concerns.
- Same-day non-crisis support: If you need to talk with someone today about a specific concern, you can access a 30-minute single session consultation session focused on supporting you with what you need today. These appointments are available first-come, first-serve. If we no longer have appointments available that day, please call the following day.
- Online Counseling (Telehealth): BetterHelp provides convenient and affordable access to a licensed therapist anytime, anywhere, through a computer, tablet or smartphone.
- UC Health Insurance Students: No Cost
- Private Insurance, Medicaid / Medicare: $40-$70 per week.