Welcome to the UCBA PATHS Program (Persisting And THriving Students). PATHS is a program designed to support the educational, professional and personal success of Black Students at UC Blue Ash College.
This program is designed to enhance your first-year experience by providing campus resources, leadership training, workshops, peer mentoring, and other social and academic activities promote the success of our students. Participants will be expected to engage in the following ways:
- Sign up on CampusLink.
- Attend the Genesis summer transitional program.
- Show active membership in an affinity group or student organization.
- Attend at least 3 PATHS events per semester.
Special recognition is given upon successful completion of these events.
Summer Transitional Program
- Genesis: This summer bridge program introduces you to our UCBA support networks, students, staff and faculty. During this 2-hour virtual experience we will engage students with student leaders, UCBA Alumni, Staff and Faculty members that make up your UCBA village.
PATHS School Year Events
- Persistence & Academic Achievement: To engage students in activities and programs geared toward achieving educational and personal goals while applying intellectual and practical skills useful across curricular and co-curricular experiences.
- Intrapersonal and Interpersonal Development: Students will develop a strong sense of personal identity and form mature, respectful relationships with others.
- Intercultural and Inclusive Community Engagement: Students will learn skills and competencies to assist in respectful cultural exploration, engagement, acceptance and collaboration as members of an inclusive community.
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please complete the online application.
Due to Covid-19, all events will occur through virtual platforms.
Black History Month Business Expo
Black History Month with Dr. Kernoodle
Path Speaker Series: Making it Against the Odds
The UC Blue Ash College Path Speaker Series: Making it Against the Odds, provides information to students on how they can create a path to achieving academic and career success, no matter what challenges they might face, by sharing experiences, insight, and strategies from those who have overcome the odds to reach their goals.
Over the course of the Spring semester, three different speakers provided their own stories and offered tips for success to students who might be struggling to beat the odds.