UC Blue Ash College

Preparing for Transition

Planning to continue your education at another UC college? Students who start with an academic program at UC Blue Ash and change to another college to complete another program are transition students

If you are a transition student, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to develop a transition plan specific for you. Also, watch for emails to make sure you have all the information you need for a successful academic journey.

Here are some of the things we can accomplish during a transition advising appointment:

  • Identify the preferred academic pathways that will help you reach your academic goals.
  • Create an individual academic and/or transition plan.
  • Review GPA calculations.
  • Connect with advisors and other resources available at other UC campuses.
  • Review transition admission requirements, including required courses, process and deadlines for your desired major.
  • Apply for a Change of College and review next steps to ensure a smooth transition to your new UC college.

Once you have determined with your UC Blue Ash College advisor that you are ready to make the transition to the UC Uptown campus, you should take the following steps:

Transition Steps

Step One: Explore your major

Check out your desired major and transition application criteria. Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor to review criteria and required coursework. Watch for announcements regarding visiting academic advisors from your college of interest and take time to meet with them.

Step Two: Complete Required Coursework

If your desired major requires specific pre-requisite or first year courses, it is important that you complete those courses to meet expectation. Meet with your assigned academic advisor as needed to confirm you are on track to progress through your major requirements or to the application process for your major.

Step Three: Apply by posted deadlines

Apply! Access the online Change of College form below. Follow the instructions and submit the form with the desired college. Deadlines vary by College.

Application Deadlines

Some colleges require only the submission of the online Change of College form. The standard deadlines are:

  • Fall Semester: July 1
  • Spring Semester: November 1
  • Summer Semester: March 1

Selective programs require submission of an application in addition to the online Change of College form AND deadlines for submission vary from the standard. Students should review transition information specific to their college of interest.

Some colleges with varying dates include:

  • Blue Ash (Selective Programs)
  • College Conservatory of Music (CCM)
  • College of Design, Architecture, Art and Planning (DAAP)
  • College of Nursing

Check out the Major/College Change Advising webpage for more information.

Step Four: Look for your offer of admission from your college

Allow time for an admission decision to be made as the application review process varies by college. Check your student email account regularly for an admission decision directly from the college.

Step Five: Confirm your offer of admission to your new major and program

Once you have been offered admission to your new college on the Uptown or UCBA campus, you must confirm your admission to make it official. By completing and submitting the confirmation form, you are solidifying your enrollment with your new college. Your offer confirmation must be completed before the college will officially switch your major/program from UC Blue Ash College to the program in your new college. (This is a very important step and must be done for you to receive your next steps in the transition process.)

Step Six: Meet with your new college/advisor

It is strongly recommended that you meet with an academic advisor for your new major/program at the earliest date possible. Some colleges will allow you to schedule an individual advising appointment, while others will require that you attend an orientation.

Step Seven: Attend transfer/transition welcome event

This event coordinated by the Transfer and Transition Advising Center provides an orientation to the Uptown campus. During these events, you will learn more about resources, hear from public safety, take a tour of campus, meet other transfer students, and, on full days, meet with your college. Participants often feel more connected to campus and ready to start their first semester.

For more information and to register for a Welcome Event.

Each college has specific transition information and processes. Review information at the website for your college of interest.

Transition Information by College

For transition information to the College of Allied Health Sciences.

For information about majors in the College of Arts and Sciences.

For information regarding applying to the College Conservatory of Music.

For transition information to the College Design, Architecture, Art and Planning.

For information about majors in the College of Education, Criminal Justice and Human Services.

Check out more transition information to CECH.

"Forever Bearcat" transition scholarship information.

For transition information to the College Engineering and Applied Sciences. Click on the “Current UC Students – Transition or Change of College (COC)."

For information regarding application to the College of Nursing Traditional BSN program. Click on the “Transition Students” tab.

Transition Resources

Throughout the semester UC Clifton, Blue Ash and Clermont College host a wide range of events specifically with Transition and Major Changer students in mind. For your convenience and more details about each campus' offerings, please check TTAC Events.

Transition Fair, Feb. 15-19

The Transition Fair has traditionally been a table fair event. However, for 2021, the event will be virtual. The Fair will be a week of virtual information sessions and advising opportunities providing a connection point for current Blue Ash students who plan to transition to another college at UC to complete their degree. Students will have the opportunity for direct contact with representatives from their college of choice and programs of interest to learn more about program requirements and the transition process. Please check back here in February for specific offerings from each college and how to connect with them during the Transition Fair.

UC Colleges attending in 2021:
Allied Health Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Engineering & Applied Sciences, Conservatory of Music, Education, Criminal Justice, & Human Services, Design, Architecture, Art, & Planning, Nursing, and Pharmacy

UC Programs and services attending in 2021:
Transfer & Transition Advising Center, African American Cultural and Resource Center, Bearcat Promise Career Studio, Study Abroad, Learning Commons, McNair Scholars, Pre-Professional Advising, Student Activities & Leadership, Undergraduate Research, and Veterans Programs & Services

Programs & Services External Colleges attending in 2021:
Cincinnati College of Mortuary Science

Current UC Blue Ash students taking classes in Clifton Campus have limited access to free parking. Review the guidelines for reciprocity parking privileges

Clifton Campus has a dedicated team of transfer and transition advisors ready to help you navigate through campus. Learn more about their services.

Transition students are those who are moving from one University of Cincinnati college to another. For students who meet specific criteria, various scholarship opportunities exist to support them in their pursuit of a bachelor's degree. Learn more about these opportunities.


Contact Information

UC Blue Ash Advising Center
Muntz Hall Room 125