Learning & Teaching Center
The UC Blue Ash Learning and Teaching Center offers faculty support, resources, and opportunities for supporting student learning. The Center works with faculty to promote scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning. We recognize that the work of faculty is multifaceted and multidisciplinary. At UC Blue Ash, the Center collaborates with faculty committees, individual faculty, and the Center for the Enhancement of Teaching and Learning, located in Langsam Library, to respond to the immediate needs of faculty as they respond to what students need.
The goal of the Center is to foster multi-disciplinary conversations about teaching and learning through collaboration. We believe that we teach and learn better when we open the classroom door to share what we do, when we consult each other and our colleagues through research to inform our practice, and when we involve students in this conversation.
The UC Blue Ash College Learning and Teaching Center offers the following services:
- The sponsorship of faculty learning communities
- The design and offering of workshops and summer seminars that address current concerns of teaching and learning
- Private tutorials for technology, course development, and alternative teaching strategies
- About the Learning & Teaching Center
- Course Redesign Tutorials
- Faculty Awards & Recognition
- Faculty Professional Development
- Journal for Research & Practice in College Teaching
- New Faculty FAQs
- Online Teaching Hub
- Student Support Beyond the Classroom
- Teaching Strategies
- Workshop Calendar
Check out these real comments from faculty that have participated in our sessions.
All presentations were insightful and interesting. Excellent use of time; never a dull moment.
The presenter was well informed, enthusiastic, and responsive to questions. She used many helpful examples. Great job!
Take this seminar. You have the best facilitators at the University. You can use the content in both traditional and online courses. I know I sound like a cheerleader; but I really mean it.