CPS Success Coaching
- All recent graduates from Cincinnati Public Schools are paired with an individualized Success Coach for at least the duration of their first year at UC Blue Ash who will provide support and outreach towards college success including support and referrals in academic, financial and social contexts.
- Success Coaches serve as a centralized resource and advocate by providing high-touch, wrap-around support for students in one place
- Students register for a required bi-weekly Success Coach Seminar course, which reviews topics such as navigating campus resources and financial aid, personal goal setting, time and task management, physical and emotional wellness, etc.
- Students engage in monthly 1:1 required meetings with their Success Coach to review progress towards their goals, timely deadlines, celebrate successes, and address challenges or barriers
- Cincinnati Pride Grant (CPG) recipients (Pell-eligible, CPS graduates) are instructed to complete the requirements of the UCBA CPS Success Coaching program in order to stay on track and maintain financial aid eligibility
Mission & Learning Outcomes
Our mission is to inspire and empower students to confidently and capably navigate their transitions to college, and be healthy human beings, engaged learners and involved community members within and beyond UCBA.
Support students and increase retention, graduation rates and academic success for CPS graduates as indicated by the CPS Strong initiative within UC's Strategic Plan.
Students will be able to:
- Identify the steps involved in acquiring and maintaining financial aid including FAFSA submission, following through on verification requests, checking bill status, and satisfying Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP.)
- Identify habits that promote their physical and emotional well-being.
- Explain the roles of academic advisers, identify when and how to make academic advising appointments, and prepare in advance to maximize the effectiveness of their advising appointments.
- Explain habits that support their academic success (such as effective study skills, effective task and time management, proactive communication with instructors, and ongoing self-assessment of strengths and gaps in learning strategies and behaviors.)
- Accurately assess and explain their academic progress in each class at any juncture of the semester.
- Identify and utilize people, resources and opportunities that support their personal and academic success as well as enhance their overall experience at UCBA and UC.
Meet the Staff
Student Life Office
Muntz Hall | Room 112