Science Learning Lab
The Science Learning Lab is designed to help students in Biology, Chemistry, Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Radiation Technology, and Allied Health science courses. The lab provides free tutoring, as well as a place to study. Students using the lab have access to computers, anatomical models, microscopes, radiological films, and supplementary texts and software.
The Science Learning Lab (SLL) is for students enrolled in UCBA science courses. While students taking classes at other colleges are allowed in the SLL, our priority is UCBA students.
The Science Learning is staffed by three full-time academic tutors who thoroughly enjoy sharing their knowledge of science with students.
- Ginette Adams, MS, Academic Tutor
- Lynn Rosenblum, MA, M.Ed., Academic Tutor
- Mattea Scanlan, MS, Academic Tutor
The SLL tutors will assist students to learn how to:
- Read questions and plan a strategy to answer them
- Use textbooks and class notes as resources
- Become independent learners
- Network with other students
The SLL tutors will not:
- Check homework, assignments or lab reports
- Give private lectures on course topics
- Sign in on TutorTrac
- Be respectful of others
- Treat SLL property with care and pick up their trash
Science Learning Lab Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 7:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 1:00 pm|
*No appointment needed
Walters Hall | Room 200