Science Learning Lab
Contact a Tutor
As a part of the UC Blue Ash College response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Science Learning Lab will be closed to in-person student visits. We will be available via email, Zoom and WebEx, with the potential to adjust as necessary.
The best way to get help is to email, and the tutor can give you direction or set up a WebEx conference. See contact information:
Ginette Adams (chemistry and biology)
Lynn Rosenblum (anatomy, physiology and biology)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can work with students through email
- Will host individually scheduled WebEx conferences with individuals or groups (set up via email)
- Has videos and PowerPoints of anatomical models available on the Science Learning Lab Canvas page (email Lynn if you need access to the SLL Canvas page)
- Available Monday through Thursday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 1:00 pm or by appointment.
The Science Learning Lab is designed to help students in Biology, Chemistry, Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Radiation Technology, and Allied Health science courses.The lab provides free tutoring, as well as a place to study. Students using the lab have access to computers, anatomical models, microscopes, radiological films, and supplementary texts and software.
The Science Learning Lab (SLL) is for students enrolled in UCBA science courses. While students taking classes at other colleges are allowed in the SLL, our priority is UCBA students.
The Science Learning is staffed by two full-time academic tutors who thoroughly enjoy sharing their knowledge of science with students.
- Ginette Adams, MS, Academic Tutor
- Lynn Rosenblum, MA, M.Ed., Academic Tutor
The SLL tutors will assist students to learn how to:
- Read questions and plan a strategy to answer them
- Use textbooks and class notes as resources
- Become independent learners
- Network with other students
The SLL tutors will not:
- Check homework, assignments or lab reports
- Give private lectures on course topics
- Sign in on TutorTrac
- Be respectful of others
- Treat SLL property with care and pick up their trash
Science Learning Lab Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 1:00 pm|
*No appointment needed
Walters Hall | Room 200