Faculty & Staff Resources
Here are resources to assist, connect, and prepare UC Blue Ash faculty and staff. Faculty have full use of the Learning and Teaching Center, Faculty Handbook and blackboard tutorials.
Learning & Teaching Center
The Learning and Teaching Center offers faculty support, resources and opportunities for supporting student learning. The Center works with faculty to promote scholarly teaching and the scholarship of teaching and learning. We recognize that the work of faculty is multifaceted and multidisciplinary.
Faculty Learning Communities
Faculty Learning Communities have been recognized as a particularly effective form of faculty support in teaching and learning. By bringing together a group of faculty from different disciplines for in-depth conversations over an extended period of time, faculty are able to work through problems, share what works, and adapt their teaching practice to accommodate what they have learned.
Tips for Working Remotely
- Get the latest list of UC-approved technology platforms and how to use them at home at the Public Health website.
- Review a list of FAQs related to Covid-19 and coming back to campus.
- Visit the Bearcats Landing Remote Resources page to keep track of the tools and resources UC has made available for remote work.
- If you feel you really need your office chair or your other office accessories/equipment from campus, you must reach out to Rob Knarr, Director of Facilities & Campus Planning, in advance. We are required to make sure any furniture and equipment removed from campus is documented accordingly (does not include laptops). You can email Rob at email@example.com.
- You can access your voice-mail from your office phone by calling 936-1515 and following the prompts for your extension and pound sign, then your password and pound sign.
- You should have access to UC’s VPN through AnyConnect. This software is installed on all UCBA laptops before they’re deployed. If you need more information about how to access VPN, review the instructions online or contact our IT Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ian Golding, in the UC Blue Ash English/Communication Department, created a video about how he finds ways to write creatively while working from home. Even if you’re not an English professor, you may be able to adapt these tips and ideas to the work you do – or it might just provide some much-needed stress relief. Enjoy!
Faculty & Staff Handbooks
Handbooks are used by faculty and staff to help answer questions, learn the policies and procedures at UC Blue Ash College, and know the services and roles of UCBA team members and offices.
Check out the Staff information hub, a gateway to resources and information that you can depend on whenever you need. Find overviews of the Staff Representative Council, the University of Cincinnati Staff Senate and an array of links to further topics.
- UC Blue Ash Library: The UC Blue Ash College Library has a number of resources and capabilities for faculty and staff to take advantage of. Check out the library website and learn about everything available to you through the library.
- Sharepoint: available for faculty and staff to collaborate and share resources. Look up committee meeting minutes, share files with your team, and use Microsoft tools like never before.
- eCurriculum: a faculty/staff tool for maintaining the university's curriculum. Information entered into eCurriculum is used to create and modify courses, as well as to maintain academic programs (including majors, minors, certificates, and graduate/professional degrees).
- Onboarding: This section has resources for new faculty and staff at UC Blue Ash College. This section has everything you need to get started as a new employee.
- Request Ambassadors: If you need an ambassador for something other than an event, or for additional information or help with questions, contact Sarah Wolfe at 513-936-1565 or email@example.com. Please allow at least two weeks to process your request. Ambassador availability will vary depending on the date and time as Ambassadors must work around school and work responsibilities.
- Space/Event Scheduling: These pages contains the details about how to book spaces for a meeting or event, and to request services that are available for events and meetings.
- Training and Development: Check out the multitude of training and development opportunities open to faculty and staff at UC Blue Ash College. Whether you are looking for a learning community, one hour workshop, or a convenient online training, we have the resources that you need!