Student Laptop Requirement
UC Blue Ash College students will need a laptop computer that runs either Windows or Macintosh operating systems and can be brought to class when required for in-class computer usage. This laptop requirement ensures you will have adequate and timely access to the electronic resources necessary to be a successful UCBA student. Chromebooks or tablets cannot access all of the electronic educational material used at UC Blue Ash, so they are therefore not considered a suitable replacement.
|Operating System||Windows 11||OS X 13|
|Memory||8 GB+||8 GB+|
|Storage||256 GB or larger SSD||128 GB or larger SSD|
|Screen||13 inches or larger||13 inches or larger|
|Processor||Intel Core i5 or better||Apple Silicon|
|Webcam||Built-in 720p or greater||Built-in 720p or greater|
How It Benefits Students
The technology requirement contributes to our students' education by providing:
- More meaningful learning experiences.
- Enhanced student services.
- Significant textbook savings.
- More effective note-taking capabilities.
- Portability: enabling you to easily carry all of your resources with you all the time.
- Students' and faculty's ability to instantly generate and share media rich content.
- Multiple uses: no need to buy a separate camera, digital recorder, calculator, PRS clicker, etc.
- Extended use: long battery life allows you to make it through the day without charging.
Student Life Office
Muntz Hall | Room 123