Veteran Education Benefits
- Go to the VA website and click on “Find Your Education Benefits Form”. Follow the steps to apply for your appropriate benefit. If you have trouble navigating this site or selecting a benefit, please contact Jill Cochran at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 513-556-6811.
- Approximately 30 days after applying for your VA benefits, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) in the mail. If for some reason you were denied, troubleshoot for corrections by contacting Jill Cochran at email@example.com or at 513-556-3322. If you were approved for benefits, proceed to the next step.
- Once you have registered for classes, log into Catalyst and complete the steps in our walkthrough guide to request for your benefits to be certified. Step 3 MUST be completed for every semester you wish to be certified for benefits.
- Go to the Ohio National Guard Scholarship website and select “Request New Account”. From there, select “Student” on the next page and fill in all required information.
- You will receive an email at any email address you have registered with you new account providing you with a temporary PIN.
- Once you receive the email with your temporary PIN, log back onto the site and select “Activate Account”. Here you will enter the PIN number provided and change your password following the password requirements.
- You can, at this time, go to your dashboard, select “Start New Application”, and begin the application process. Note: Step 4 will only be available once UC has loaded term dates to the site.
- Self-determine whether you are eligible to use the scholarship by answering the questions presented.
- You will then complete your application by filling in all required fields and submitting your application.
Once your application has been submitted, your unit leadership will be notified that applications are awaiting their review and determination. If you have any questions or concerns troubleshooting this site, please contact Lonny Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 614-336-7143.
ONGSP applications must be submitted every semester you wish to use the Scholarship
Army National Guard Members eligible for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA), must apply for FTA to avoid any Scholarship penalties
The Ohio War Orphan & Severely Disabled Veterans' Children Scholarship Program awards tuition assistance to the children of deceased or severely disabled Ohio veterans who served in the armed forces during a period of declared war or conflict.
If you are eligible for Chapter 35 Dependent Education Assistance through the VA, then you qualify. Go to the Ohio Higher Education website for details to apply. For more information, contact Ramah Church at email@example.com or by calling 614-752-9528.
Program Coordinator for Veteran Affairs
Muntz Hall | Room 343