Social Services Support & Wellness Awareness
Making the Connections
- Linking students to school, community, and wellness support.
- Providing a safe, confidential, and supportive space to address barriers that might interfere with academic success.
- Supportive services and connection to school and community resources - Assistance with supplemental nutrition, financial support, and health insurance
- Provide intensive initial and follow up support for students with economic distress needs - intake, guidance, referral to and assistance in accessing applicable resources, monitoring and follow up.
- Mental health support - Connection to CAPS, TAO resources, bearcat network, support groups
- Provide wellness checks, intake, guidance, and applicable referral for students with mental and emotional health issues.
- College Systems Navigation – Helping students through college processes and connect to offices
- Help students understand their academic, financial and emotional responsibilities as a college student and where they go for support
- Enhance community awareness of mental health issues and resources
- Workshop and presentations on stress management, wellness, and coping skills
- Partner with appropriate offices to promote mental health support and resources through collaborative events
- The UCBA Wellness Team (Jim Dugar, Emily Chu Nguyen, Sarah Wolfe, and Hannah Thompson) can reach out to students within 24 hours (during business hours) to assess the student’s needs, conduct a risk assessment, and provide appropriate resources. Use the UC Blue Ash Wellness Flow Chart PDF to find the relevant contact.
- If there is an emergency, please also refer to the UC Blue Ash Wellness Flow Chart PDF and make the appropriate referral.
Student Life Office
Muntz Hall | Room 123