What is First-Year Experience (FYE)?
Your first-year experience course is the cornerstone upon which your university learning experience is built. It is comprised of curricular, co-curricular and experiential learning throughout the year that engages you in UC's signature opportunities and prepares you for graduation.
- Habits of mind and interaction needed for success in the university
- Engaging in UC's diverse cultural life
- Integration of knowledge gained in courses, experiences, and student life
- Exploring professional and civic responsibilities as an educated person
These are a required part of each first-year experience course, regardless of academic program.
- Introduction to the Major/Program
- Career/academic experience planning
- Information literacy
- Introduction to college/university
- Student Success Skills
- Study skills
- Critical thinking
- Personal and social responsibility
- Time management
- Stress management
- Academic advising
Not sure which FYE course you need?
Each program at UC Blue Ash offers an FYE course. For specific information about the course for your program, contact your academic advisor.
Muntz Hall - Room 140
Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday