Placement Test Preparation
UC Blue Ash College has prepared a set of guides and tutorials to help students prepare for the English and Math placement tests. The free resources are also designed to help students get ready for college in general.
What You'll Find in These Tutorials
Guides for the English Placement Test
- Introduction Survey - This survey asks questions about your background in English and your confidence in your skills.
- What to expect on the English Placement test
- Working with reading materials
- Reflecting on your writing
- Practice English placement tests
- Sample scoring rubric for the placement test
Guides for the Math Placement Test
- Chart of the mathematics courses offered at UC Blue Ash.
- Practice Placement Tests
- Review of the fundamentals of Algebra
- Review in Math Literacy
- Course on Introductory Algebra
- Course on Intermediate Algebra
Additional Tutorials and Resources Included
In addition to the resources included directly to help with the math and English placement tests, there are additional resources on topics in biology and chemistry that students can review.
Get Started with Free Preparation Materials
The following link will take you to the Open Education Blackboard Portal. In order to access the materials, students need to enroll in the course, and sign-up for a blackboard account.
In addition, students should have completed applying to UC Blue Ash College before accessing these resources.
Additional Math Resources
Entry-level mathematics courses at UC are divided into three groups. The sample questions have been divided into three corresponding groups. Download printable PDFs using the "Print Questions" and "Print Answers" links in the chart.
Do not use a calculator! These questions represent mathematical tasks that you are expected to do in the various courses without the aid of electronic devices.
Muntz Hall | Room 151