The Office of Hispanic/Latino Affairs is excited to welcome you to UC Blue Ash College! With a diverse campus, small class size and free tutoring and support services, UCBA is a great place to be.
We Make it Possible. You Make it Happen.
Our Multicultural Affairs office is is here to help you connect with other Latinx students on campus. We also provide a variety of programs and events throughout the year to help you feel at home here at UCBA. From our annual Latinx student welcome event to our leadership workshops and monthly social gatherings, we have something for every student to get involved and become a member of our UCBA family.
Why does UC Blue Ash have an Office of Latinx Affairs?
With a population of 55 million in the United States, Latinos make up the largest ethnic minority group in the country.
The Latino population is young: nearly six in ten Latinos are Millennials and 24% of all K-12 students are Latino.
With such a young and large population, UC Blue Ash is at the forefront of supporting current Latino students and preparing for the coming influx of Latinos into higher education.
Additionally, with many Latino students being first-generation college students in addition to being first-generation Americans, there are unique challenges and questions that arise. Our office has the experience to help answer those questions and be a guide for students and their families.
*Sources Pew Research, Excelencia in Education.
Quick Facts on Latinx Students at UC Blue Ash:
Where do UC Blue Ash Latino students come from?
Our top feeder high schools are Fairfield, Lakota East/West, Princeton and Mason high schools.
The top three majors selected by Latino students are:
- Pre-Business Administration
- Pre-Health Professions
- Exploratory Studies.
The Office of Hispanic/Latino Affairs offers a variety of cultural programming to help Latino students feel at home and to connect the UC Blue Ash community to Latino culture and celebrations. From Latinx History Month to celeberations around DIa de los Muertos, we hold events all year long.
Para los Padres
La Universidad de Cincinnati Blue Ash College se esfuerza por crear un ambiente abierto, amable y de apoyo para nuestros estudiantes Hispanos/Latinos y sus familias. Asuntos Hispanos/Latinos proporcionará todas las herramientas y recursos necesarios para nuestros estudiantes para facilitar una experiencia académica de alta calidad y crear una experiencia social positiva. Adicionalmente, Asuntos Hispanos/Latinos patrocinara actividades para servir la comunidad Hispana/Latina del Sudoeste de Ohio y del Norte de Kentucky.
Resource Guides/Guias de Recursos
- Lista de Preparación Para los Estudios Universitarios [original link path: /content/dam/ucblueash/docs/about/diversity/latino%20affairs/1%20college-prep-checklist-spanish.pdf]
- Programas de Prestamos Federales Para Estudiantes [original link path: /content/dam/ucblueash/docs/about/diversity/latino%20affairs/2%20%20federal-loan-programs-spanish.pdf]
- Como Costear Su Educación [original link path: /content/dam/ucblueash/docs/about/diversity/latino%20affairs/3%20%20funding-your-education-spanish.pdf]
- Ayuda Federal Para Estudiantes Adultos [original link path: /content/dam/ucblueash/docs/about/diversity/latino%20affairs/4%20%20federal-student-aid-for-adult-students-spanish.pdf]
- Ayuda Económica y Estudiantes Indocumentados [original link path: /content/dam/ucblueash/docs/about/diversity/latino%20affairs/5%20%20financial-aid-and-undocumented-students-spanish.pdf]
- UC DREAMZone Ally Resource Guide [original link path: /content/dam/ucblueash/docs/about/diversity/latino%20affairs/DREAMZone%20Resource%20Guide.pdf]
Campus Visits in Spanish
Interested in becoming a UC Blue Ash student? In addition to the regularly offered campus visits, there are campus visits that will be presented entirely in Spanish!
Molly Scruta, MA
Coordinator of Inclusion and Involvement
Office: Muntz 123