Student Internships & Co-ops
Co-Op & Internship Opportunities
The UCBA co-op 2.0 program provides an opportunity for students to engage in compensated, career-oriented work experiences and to reflect on and integrate the experience within their undergraduate degree program. By engaging in meaningful, career-related work experiences before graduation, students can develop transferable skills and a competitive edge for entering the workforce. Created with maximum flexibility, the UCBA co-op 2.0 program combines academic coursework with one or more full- or part-time, paid work experiences (often called “co-ops”).
Co-ops are mutually beneficial for both the employer and the student.
This co-op program will:
- Allow students to learn more about their field of interest through observation and direct participation in a job setting;
- Assist students in establishing future employment connections;
- Allow students to complete substantial projects/tasks that will build on the skills learned in the classroom; and
- Provide employers with trained, well-screened students who can become their future full time employees.
The Co-op/Internship Program offers many advantages to you, the employer. Here are seven reasons why:
- Proven reduction in recruitment costs
- Opportunity to evaluate potential employees without a long-term commitment
- Perfect for short or long-term project needs, or for seasonal spikes in business
- Provides you with ongoing support from the career services manager
- Allows you to shape your workforce by hiring candidates with skill levels ranging from entry-level competencies to those with technical and management skills
- Brings state-of-the-art, industry-relevant and technical knowledge to the workplace
- Allows you to develop qualified personnel trained to the company's standards.
Students can handle a wide variety of duties, depending on their amount of classroom learning, their major, and their previous work experience.
Is your business interested in hiring a UC Blue Ash Co-op/Intern student? Co-ops/Interns are available during all semesters. Please contact email@example.com to discuss all the details about hiring a co-op/intern or posting a job.
UCBA Career Services