Phi Theta Kappa Membership Information
Eligibility for Membership
Membership is by invitation. To be eligible for membership for Phi Theta Kappa at UC Blue Ash College you must
- Complete at least 12 semester credit hours of coursework that may be applied to an associate degree (part-time students are eligible!)
- Have a grade point average of 3.5
- You must adhere to the standards of the society
If you meet the criteria above you will be sent a letter during spring term inviting you to join Phi Theta Kappa.
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa may apply for more than $36 million in transfer scholarships, provided exclusively to Society members by more than 600 senior institutions.
- FREE enrollment in The Transfer Database, used by hundreds of senior colleges and universities to recruit Phi Theta Kappa transfer students.
- Eligible for University of Cincinnati transition student scholarships and Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships.
- All USA Academic Team
- All members of Phi Theta Kappa receive the prestigious Golden Key Membership Pin, Certificate of Membership, wallet-size Identification Card.
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa may affix the Society's Gold Diploma Seal, denoting Society membership, to their two-year college diploma.
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa may have their membership in the international honor society noted on their transcript, contingent on their college's policy.
- Members of Phi Theta Kappa may wear the Society's golden monogrammed Honors Stole and Tassel at college commencement exercises. All materials available for purchase at the Phi Theta Kappa Store.
- Letter of recommendation sent to a college admissions counselor or scholarship official.
- Letter of recommendation sent to a potential employer.
- Members may connect to find cutting-edge services, programs and resources selected especially to meet their needs. The benefits, available to members free of charge, include: Special offers from Phi Theta Kappa Partners. Press release announcing your membership, sent electronically to a newspaper of your choice.
- The Certificate of Membership and Membership Identification Card are included in your Benefit Packet or presented at your Induction Ceremony. If you were unable to attend your Induction Ceremony, contact your chapter advisor to receive your Membership Certificate and Identification Card. If you have further questions about your Membership Benefits, contact Membership Services, 601.984.3504, ext. 3554.
- Civil Service Jobs Benefit Members applying for GS5 federal jobs and who completed a baccalaureate degree with superior academic achievement, as defined by the Federal Office of Personnel Management, would be upgraded to a GS7 classification, meaning an increase in starting salary over the GS5 grade. GS5 federal jobs are entry level jobs requiring completion of a baccalaureate degree or four years of study beyond high school.
Student Life Office
Muntz Hall | Room 123