Upcoming Events and Important Dates
The Learning and Teaching Center offers a workshop series for faculty to expand their knowledge. Check out the list of upcoming workshops.
Instructor-Led Online Microsoft Training for OneDrive and Teams
- This first registration link is the last date/time session you requested to take place at UCBA. This session will be a 2 hour session that combines OneDrive and Teams.
- The Teams: Live Session registration is general University registration. This 90-minute course will primarily focus on Microsoft Teams. There are various dates available for registration.
- The OneDrive: Live Session registration is for the General University. This 90-minute course focuses only on OneDrive. There are various dates available for registration.
AAEEBL Online Event
How can students generate evidence of their learning in a remote world?
For many higher ed teachers and students, remote teaching and learning is a new experience. Even some veterans of hybrid or online course formats struggle with how to switch to remote for specific scenarios. In this online event, the Association of Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning (AAEEBL) will discuss how students can generate and show evidence of learning through ePortfolio approaches--even if you don’t use an ePortfolio tool.
Based on some “lightning round” thought prompt presentations to get us started, help us co-construct a collection of strategies we can use right now:
- how to help students document and reflect on their learning in disciplines that are challenging to accomplish remotely, such as STEM, the arts, or hands-on skills courses
- how to maintain learning equity in a world where some students and even some faculty do not have access to adequate devices, Internet, software or training for successful remote learning
- how to create Universal Design for Learning pathways for students to create and demonstrate evidence of learning in remote settings
Join us on April 16 at 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. Register for the AAEEBL Online Event, “How can students generate evidence of their learning in a remote world?”
Yoga in your working-at-home clothes
- Live Streaming on WebEx
- Need a break in the middle of the day while working at home? Join our live streaming WebEx in Ruth Benander's Online Office,
- Tuesdays, 12:00-12:30 and Thursdays, 12:30-1:00
- WebEx Room
- Meeting number if joining by mobile app: 642983938
Colleagues, Conversation, and Connections
Support for Remote Learning
Join us on Thursdays 1:00 - 2:30 to discuss working remotely. Share strategies, ask questions, engage in conversation about the successes and challenges of working remotely. This week, Jen Carter will provide additional help on setting up exams in Canvas.
eRPT Support Group | 2020
The eRPT Support Group is intended to provide general guidance to faculty as they compile eRPT dossiers prior to the due date for the RPT dossier. It is a forum for faculty to share ideas and tips for creating RPT folders and using the eRPT system effectively. This support group does not replace individual department guidance. Instead, it supplements department support and provides a forum for learning from colleagues in other disciplines.
The eRPT Support Group will meet Wednesdays, May 6, May 20, June 3, and June 17 from 12:00 to 3:00. All of the sessions will be remotely facilitated. Register by May 4.