Handshake Hiring Information for Employers
What is Handshake?
Thank you for sharing your employment opportunities with UC Blue Ash students!
As of August 2018, the University of Cincinnati Blue Ash College transitioned from HireUC to the Handshake jobs and career platform.
With Handshake, employers can:
- Manage their university recruitment efforts across dozens of schools from a single platform
- Access robust reporting and dashboards
Getting Started in Handshake
If you are new to Handshake:
- Register for a free employer account.
- Fill out the request form and click “Sign Up.”
- Next, enter your recruiting interests and click “Next: Employer Guidelines.”
- If you are a third-party recruiter, select “Yes” then review and check the box to agree to Handshake’s third party recruiter policy.
- If you are not a third-party recruiter, select “No” and then click “Next: Confirm Email.”
- From here, you will need to verify your email account via a link sent to your account. (Note: This email may end up in your Junk folder).
- Finally, when the email arrives, click the “Confirm Email” button to verify your account. You will be redirected to Handshake’s website.
If your company is already in Handshake:
- Log in to your account.
- Click “Request” to connect with your company and then select “Next: Connect to Schools.”
- If your company is new to the system, click “Create New Company” and fill out the requested information.
- Lastly, select which schools you would like to connect with by clicking the plus-sign button to the right of the school name and click “Next: Finish.”
- The University of Cincinnati must approve employers that request to connect before you can start posting positions. Please allow three to five business days for approval.
Need Handshake Help?
Check out the Handshake Help Center.
UC Blue Ash Job Board
UC Blue Ash also has a Job Board to post employment opportunities. To submit a job posting, please e-mail an electronic copy of your position announcement to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include all the relevant information (i.e. the application process, the starting salary, contact information, etc.). The position announcement must be "poster-ready" and 8 1/2" by 11" when printed.
Tanya Williams | Career Services
Muntz Hall 150B