About Career Services
The Mission of Career Services
The mission of Career Services is to deliver innovative career experiences through engaging in experiential learning activities that prepare students for the workplace. Career Services does this by providing best-in-class career education, interactive workshops, and by building strategic employer partnerships.
Support for University Initiatives and Long-term Strategies
Through the Next Lives Here strategic vision, the University of Cincinnati has defined a new paradigm and a bold focus on impact and innovation. This purpose-driven direction includes an Innovation Agenda, one which the EXCITE Office will integrate into reinvented experiential learning initiatives that will engage students and employers in bold new ways. This includes:
- New ways of thinking about co-ops/internships including embedding employers into classes and providing real-world business problems to classes to solve;
- Custom internship experiences;
- Preparing students for experiential learning opportunities through workshops and programs;
- Strategic alliances with community partners and agencies to pioneer alternative pathways to careers.
Most importantly, Career Services is developed around the idea that in order for the Office to be successful, it must be willing to adapt and change to the speed of business.
Why Career Services?
For employers, Career Services represents our door to the business world. Career Services becomes the place of engagement, creating a highly functional one-stop-shop for partners who engage our regional campuses in experiential opportunities. Career Services encompasses both UC Blue Ash and UC Clermont campuses.
The goals of Career Services are aligned with UC Blue Ash and UC Clermont’s strategic plan, as well as the University’s strategic direction. These include:
- Develop best-in-class career education initiatives to meet the needs of students on the UC Blue Ash campus
- Establish UCBA Career Services as the go-to resource for employer engagement on the UC Blue Ash campus
- Strengthen employment-driven relationships with area businesses and community partners
- Build a pathway for students to engage in innovative projects and career experiences
UCBA Career Services