About Career Services
The Mission of Career Services
The mission of Career Services is to deliver innovative career experiences through engaging in experiential learning activities that prepare students for the workplace. Career Services does this by providing best-in-class career education, interactive workshops, and by building strategic employer partnerships.
Support for University Initiatives and Long-term Strategies
Through the Next Lives Here strategic vision, the University of Cincinnati has defined a new paradigm and a bold focus on impact and innovation. This purpose-driven direction includes an Innovation Agenda, one which the EXCITE Office will integrate into reinvented experiential learning initiatives that will engage students and employers in bold new ways. This includes:
- New ways of thinking about co-ops/internships including embedding employers into classes and providing real-world business problems to classes to solve;
- Custom internship experiences;
- Preparing students for experiential learning opportunities through workshops and programs;
- Strategic alliances with community partners and agencies to pioneer alternative pathways to careers.
Most importantly, Career Services is developed around the idea that in order for the Office to be successful, it must be willing to adapt and change to the speed of business.
Why Career Services?
For employers, Career Services represents our door to the business world. Career Services becomes the place of engagement, creating a highly functional one-stop-shop for partners who engage our regional campuses in experiential opportunities. Career Services encompasses both UC Blue Ash and UC Clermont campuses.
The goals of Career Services are aligned with UC Blue Ash and UC Clermont’s strategic plan, as well as the University’s strategic direction. These include:
- Develop best-in-class career education initiatives to meet the needs of students on the UC Blue Ash campus
- Establish UCBA Career Services as the go-to resource for employer engagement on the UC Blue Ash campus
- Strengthen employment-driven relationships with area businesses and community partners
- Build a pathway for students to engage in innovative projects and career experiences
Tanya Williams, Master of Arts in Human Resources, is working to bring superior career services to the Blue Ash campus. She works in partnership with UC Clermont Campus, the University of Cincinnati’s other regional campus. Tanya is focused on driving innovation by pioneering real-world co-op/internship solutions attentive to solving employers’ short and long-term hiring needs. She recently spear-headed the collaboration with Parker Dewey to bring project-based micro-co-ops/micro-internships to UC Blue Ash and UC Clermont. She also built and teaches a career-readiness course and has become known on campus for being a stickler for perfect resumes and cover letters. She is committed to helping students hone their in-person and virtual interviewing skills, as well as, learning effective job search strategies. Tanya also facilitates professional development workshops, classroom visits and one-on-one consultations to both students and alumni throughout the academic year.
In addition to providing career services and building the co-op/internship program at UCBA, she is working to build partnerships for co-ops/internships with businesses throughout the country. Additionally, Tanya serves on the Greater Cincinnati Collegiate Connection (GC3) committee which is focused on inter-institutional cooperation and community-partnerships to support the success and geographical retention of college graduates who have completed their education at greater-Cincinnati area colleges and universities.
Program Manager of Partnership Development
Muntz Hall 150B