UC Blue Ash College

Latinx Affairs FAQs

Here some of the most frequently asked questions that the Latinx Affairs office receives. If your question is not addressed below, you can reach Molly Scruta at molly.scruta@uc.edu or call 513-936-1501.

Category - Undocumented Students

Q: Can I attend UC Blue Ash College if I am undocumented?

A: Yes, undocumented students can enroll and are welcome at UC Blue Ash College.

Q: Am I eligible for financial aid if I am undocumented?

A: Unfortunately, undocumented students are not eligible for federal or state financial aid.

Q: What tuition rate will I pay if Iâ m undocumented?

A: Undocumented students will pay the non-resident tuition rate of $617 per credit hour. If you are a recipient of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) status, you are eligible to receive the Ohio resident tuition rate of $251 per credit hour.

Q: Am I eligible for the Cincinnati Pride Grant if I am undocumented?

A: Cincinnati Pride Grant awardees must be eligible for the federal Pell Grant. Since undocumented students are not Pell eligible, they are not eligible to receive the Cincinnati Pride Grant.

Q: Are their scholarships available for undocumented students?

A: Yes, there are scholarships available from local community organizations such as the Cincinnati Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), and the Greater Cincinnati Hispanic Scholarship Fund, among others.

Category - Student Engagement

Q: What clubs or campus groups are there that are culturally based?

A: Latinos en Acción is a student organization on campus that celebrates the Latino culture and volunteers in the local community. Also, Club Hispano is a student group at our Uptown campus that meets regularly to engage in Latino culture and the Spanish language.

Category - Parent Engagement

Q: My parents only speak Spanish. Is there anyone on campus that can speak to them?

A: Yes, the Office of Hispanic/Latino Affairs offers campus visits and tours in Spanish, as well as parent sessions in Spanish during new student orientation. The Office of Hispanic/Latino Affairs can meet with parents to discuss any questions or concerns.

Category - Outreach

Q: Can someone from the Office of Hispanic/Latino Affairs come and speak at my high school?

A: Yes, in partnership with our Office of Admissions, our Coordinator of Hispanic/Latino Affairs can connect directly with high school students interested in learning more about UC Blue Ash.


Contact Information

Molly Scruta, MA
Coordinator of Inclusion and Involvement

Office: Muntz 123
Email: molly.scruta@uc.edu
Phone: 513-936-1501