Why study Business Technology?
Associate of Technical Study degrees are awarded for successful completion of a planned program of study designed to respond to the need for specialized technical education. The One-Year Option allows graduates of Ohio Technical Centers (OTC) who complete a 600 or greater hour program and obtain an industry-recognized credential(s) to earn a block of technical credit toward an Associate of Technical Study (Type B). The goal of this Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE) initiative is to create a statewide agreement for awarding technical credit in addition to current statewide agreements such as Career-Technical Assurance Guides (CTAGs). Eligible students will be awarded 20-30 semester credit hours of block credit for the approved OTC program toward the relevant 60 semester hour ATS degree.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Complete your associate degree with 30-40 credits
- Flexible class options
- Advance your career and earnings potential
- Complete the ATS and be eligible for admission to the Bachelor's of Technical & Applied Studies in Applied Administration
- Completed a 600+ clock hour program in business at an Ohio Technical Center
- Hold an industry-recognized credential(s) approved by the Ohio Department of Higher Education.
- Meet the credentialing pathway requirements as determined by the applicable credit affirmation team. The list of currently approved pathways and credentialing requirements can be found on the Ohio Department of Higher Education’s One-Year Option webpage.
When you participate in the ATS program at UC Blue Ash College, you will work with faculty who are experts in their discipline. Class sizes allow for optimal faculty to student and student to student interaction, allowing students to gain knowledge from multiple viewpoints.
Conveniently located in Blue Ash as a regional campus of the University of Cincinnati - UC Blue Ash (UCBA) - is located on 135 wooded acres and serves residents of Hamilton, Butler, Warren and Clermont counties, as well as other surrounding communities. UCBA also works closely with the Blue Ash area workforce to assist with their training needs.
The UCBA campus is friendly, informal, and prides itself on being accessible to students of all ages with various career aspirations. It also prides itself on offering smaller classes and closer ties with faculty and other students. UCBA welcomes transfer students, students who want to complete career programs, and students of any age who wish to take a course for personal enrichment or to improve their own skills.
You must complete an application for a degree and receive a pre-certification from your academic advisor the semester before you expect to graduate. You should see your advisor or Enrollment Services for specific information well in advance of your final semester.
9555 Plainfield Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45236
Find related programs in the following interest areas:
Program Code: 28ASC-BT28-ATSB