Medical Assisting Certificate Program
Love helping people? Want to work in health care? Medical assisting may be just what you're looking for!
- Medical assisting is a high demand health care career -- one of the 10 fastest growing occupations in the nation! (Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Graduates find positions in a wide range of workplaces, including physician's offices, urgent care centers, insurance companies, and many more.
- Earn a UC certificate through this comprehensive, accredited program that includes more than 200 hours of clinical experience in a doctor's office.
The mission of the Medical Assisting Technical Certificate is to prepare students to meet the needs of the healthcare community as a competent, entry-level professional medical assistant. The coursework is designed to develop skills in critical thinking, effective communication, knowledge integration, information literacy, social responsibility, and life-long learning.
Medical Assisting Information Sessions
Attend an information sessions to learn more about the Medical Assisting certificate program at UC Blue Ash College. These information sessions are designed for anyone who is considering applying for the program.
Meet the Medical Assisting Program Director and learn more about the career opportunities for this growing medical field. Information sessions are just over an hour long.
Where It Will Take You
Graduates of the Medical Assisting Technical Certificate program will have the formal training required to take the certification examination of the American Association of Medical Assistants. Most employers in the health care environment recommend that medical assistants have the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA(AAMA)) credential.
Medical Assisting Technical Certificate Program
- 100% of the 2020 Medical Assisting Graduates obtained positions in the health care field.
- Employers that hired 2020 UC Blue Ash students reported 100% satisfaction with the graduate’s preparedness for professional practice.
- The graduate survey results of the class of 2020 reflected that 100% of the students were satisfied with their education and experience in the program.
The University of Cincinnati Blue Ash Medical Assisting Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158, Clearwater, FL 33763 (727) 210-2350
Graduates will have completed 200 hours of hands-on clinical practice in a medical setting under the direct supervision of a physician and are qualified to assist physicians in a private office, clinic or other health care facility. Medical assistants are skilled in both clinical and administrative functions, providing considerable flexibility to the physician's office.
Allied Health Department