Call for Mediated Minds Proposals
Due to precautions relevant to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 9th Annual Mediated Minds Undergraduate Research Conference is cancelled for 2020. We will be accepting proposals for the April 2021 conference beginning in the 2020 Fall Semester.
“Do you have a high-quality research project, creative work, and/or academic paper that deserves some additional exposure? Would you like to share your quality work in a positive way? Please consider sharing your work with students, faculty, and alumni from the University of Cincinnati! Conference presentations make for a great line on your resume (for a future or current job hunt) and on applications for graduate and professional programs.
Accepted Types of Proposals
Proposals should reflect a nearly completed project (to completed by the day of the conference) that is either a submitted class assignment or an individual research- or creative-based work. The primary types of presentations given at Mediated Minds are:
- Individual oral presentation
- Poster presentation
Additional Types of Presentations Accepted
- Panel discussion (involves a group of people gathered to discuss a set topic led by moderator who guides the discussion and elicits audience questions)
- Digital poster/multimedia project (any media research project that use several types of media, such as sound and full-motion video in computer applications)
- Paper or essay reading
- Short story and/or poetry readings
- Presentation of visual creative work (could be displayed during the poster session or as an oral presentation reflecting on the development and purpose of the project)
- Or other creative or scholarly work
Proposals are due by April 3, 2020, so don't wait to prepare your proposal!
*if you are unsure about your work, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org