Applied Graphics and Communications Program: Second-Year Admission
While students are granted admission into the college and AGC freshman courses, admission into the sophomore year will be determined by the following criteria:
- C- or better earned in all freshman year studio courses (CODE1000, CODE1010, CODE1020, CODE1100, CODE1110, CODE1120).
- First year portfolio review of select work for freshman year studio courses.
Applied Graphic Communication 1st Year Portfolio Review Process
At the end of spring term, the program admissions committee will review 1st year portfolio of all students who have earned, or are in the process of earning, a C- or better in all freshman year studio courses. The highest rankings will be given to those students whose portfolios are most successful in the following areas:
- Presentation of Work
- Digital skills
Additional Important Information
- Participating in a first-year portfolio review does not guarantee admission into the second year of AGC.
- Students will be notified if they are, or are not, admitted into the second year of AGC within four weeks of the end of spring term.
- Students not admitted into the second year of AGC will be referred to other paths for their continued education.
Art & Visual Communication Department