Interim Therapeutic Restorations Continuing Education Course
This course is a 2 credit hour course that explores the dental professional's role in the use and placement of interim therapeutic restorations. This course contains an on-demand lecture video and a remote clinical component to fulfill the Ohio State Dental Board's educational requirement for a Dental Hygienist and/or Expanded Function Dental Auxiliary to place interim therapeutic restorations under teledentistry in Ohio.
Consider taking this course in conjunction with Silver Diamine Fluoride for EFDAs and Dental Hygienists to maximize the skills utilized under teledentistry.
This course is presented by Heather Ferris, RDH, EFDA, MS.
- Complete all registration requirements.
- Click "Get Started" below. In the text box that appears, enter the same name you used to register. This may open as a pop-up window. Click "Join Open Class." You may need to click "Get Started" again to start the video.
- Watch the lecture video below in its entirety. Closed captions are available. At the end of the video, there will be 7 quiz questions that you must answer.
- Download the two files below: Quick Steps Reference Sheet and ITR Supervising Dentist Form.
- Once you have completed your remote hands-on experience, email the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org and anticipate receiving your completed Continuing Education Certificate via email shortly after.
This document is a quick reference for you while out in the field.
Please complete a minimum of one hour of clinical hands-on training dedicated solely to the proper placement of interim therapeutic restorations under the direct supervision of your dentist. Once completed, send the signed form via email to email@example.com. You will receive your completed Continuing Education Certificate via email.
If you have any questions regarding course content, please contact:
Heather Ferris, RDH, EFDA, MS
If you have questions about course completion or any other questions, please contact:
UC Blue Ash EFDA Program